How To Help
"The benefits of volunteering are instantaneous!
The children's smiles and giggles warm my heart, and remind me of why I'm here."
"I always get more than I give.
If you want to do something wonderful for yourself, come be a volunteer!"
Anyone 14 years and older can be a Praying Hands Ranch Volunteer or donate in the following areas:
We are able to train volunteers helping with the Equine and Hippotherapy Programs regardless of experience. Here are some personal benefits you may gain when volunteering at Praying Hands Ranch:
- A strong sense of accomplishment
- An intimate bond between rider, volunteer, and horse
- The joy of making new friends
- Involvement with enthusiastic, unselfish, totally dedicated and committed volunteers
- Learning new skills
- Making a difference in the lives of others
- Volunteers are able to observe first-hand how the lack of confidence is replaced with renewed self-esteem
Praying Hands Ranch currently needs volunteers for all class times.
Classes are held Monday - Thursday and on Saturday. You choose the hours and the days that work best for you.
Volunteer Training Dates and Times for the 2017 Riding Schedule are as follows: (Volunteer Sessions are held in the PHR indoor arena)
Therapeutic Riding Session Dates
2017 Winter Session January 09 through March 04
2017 Spring Session March 20 through May 13
2017 Summer Session June 12 through August 05
2017 Fall Session September 11 through October 4
Volunteer Training Dates Time for all volunteer training will be 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Saturday, January 7
Saturday, March 18
Saturday, June 10
Saturday, September 9