How To Help
"The benefits of volunteering are instantaneous!
The children's smiles and giggles warm my heart, and remind me of why I'm here."
"I always get more than I give.
If you want to do something wonderful for yourself, come be a volunteer!"
Anyone 14 years and older can be a Praying Hands Ranch Volunteer or donate in the following areas:
We are able to train volunteers helping with the Equine and Hippotherapy Programs regardless of experience. Here are some personal benefits you may gain when volunteering at Praying Hands Ranch:
- A strong sense of accomplishment
- An intimate bond between rider, volunteer, and horse
- The joy of making new friends
- Involvement with enthusiastic, unselfish, totally dedicated and committed volunteers
- Learning new skills
- Making a difference in the lives of others
- Volunteers are able to observe first-hand how the lack of confidence is replaced with renewed self-esteem
Praying Hands Ranch currently needs volunteers for all class times.
Classes are held Monday - Thursday and on Saturday. You choose the hours and the days that work best for you.
Volunteer Training Dates and Times for the 2013 Riding Schedule are as follows: (Volunteer Sessions are held in the PHR indoor arena)
Equine Therapeutic Riding Session Dates
2012 3-Week November 26 through December 15
2013 Winter January 7 through March 2
2013 Spring April 1 through May 25
2013 Summer June 17 through August 10
2013 Fall September 9 through November 2
2013 3-Week to be determined
Volunteer Training Dates Time for all volunteer training will be 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Saturday, January 5
Saturday, March 23
Saturday, June 15
Saturday, September 7