How To Help
"The benefits of volunteering are instantaneous!
The children's smiles and giggles warm my heart, and remind me of why I'm here."
"I always get more than I give.
If you want to do something wonderful for yourself, come be a volunteer!"
Anyone 14 years and older can be a Praying Hands Ranch Volunteer or donate in the following areas:
We are able to train volunteers helping with the Equine and Hippotherapy Programs regardless of experience. Here are some personal benefits you may gain when volunteering at Praying Hands Ranch:
- A strong sense of accomplishment
- An intimate bond between rider, volunteer, and horse
- The joy of making new friends
- Involvement with enthusiastic, unselfish, totally dedicated and committed volunteers
- Learning new skills
- Making a difference in the lives of others
- Volunteers are able to observe first-hand how the lack of confidence is replaced with renewed self-esteem
Praying Hands Ranch currently needs volunteers for all class times.
Classes are held Monday - Thursday and on Saturday. You choose the hours and the days that work best for you.
Volunteer Training Dates and Times for the 2019 Riding Schedule are as follows: (Volunteer Sessions are held in the PHR indoor arena)
Therapeutic Riding Session Dates
2019 Winter Session January 14 through March 09
2019 Spring Session April 8 through May 18
2019 Summer Session June 10 through August 03
2019 Fall Session August 19 through October 12
2019 Mini Session Nov 4 Through Dec 14
Volunteer Training Dates Time for all volunteer training will be 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Saturday, January 11 2020
Saturday, April 6
Saturday, June 1
Saturday, August 17
Saturday Nov 2, 2019